Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 5


Wikipedia Scanner

The program that Virgil Griffith made for scanning Wikipedia to see who edits something can be a useful tool. Wikipedia has never been a trusted site to me, and most of the teachers I have had in the past. As a student I was never allowed to use Wikipedia as a source for a research paper. It is just too easy for anyone to go on there and edit things. With this new scanning program I think it might help a little. People will still be able to edit things; they will just be caught sooner.

Wikipedia Scanner is a really great idea but, I would still prefer to not use Wikipedia as a reference. However, it is appealing to see all the companies in Wikipedia using it and editing their own information. It makes you think about why they are changing their information. Wikipedia Scanner is a great update to Wikipedia but I do not think I would trust it 100 percent.



"What I've Learned this Year"



The post by Mr. McClung of "What I've Learned this Year" was Fantastic and interesting. He went through what he thought his first year as a teacher was going to be like and what it ended up being like. He said he thought it was going to be all about him and how he taught. He was in a fantasy word which means, he would go by his lesson plan, everyone would understand everything, but he soon found out it is not always like that. It is all about your students and its ok to get off course you just need to pick the students up and stay positive.

His thoughts of what he went thought at the beginning is what most new teachers go through. I am taking classroom management this semester and it really has helped, it teaches us the things Mr. McClung was talking about. He says being flexible and communicate are very important, so as a first year teacher you need to know these things that Mr. McClung is talking about and I thank him for sharing this with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment