Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 7!


Richard Miller videos part 1 & 2


When I was younger I always went to the library to look for research for projects. Now days I seem to just find all of my research or information that I would like to learn online. I have always been the type of person who would enjoy reading a book but I just don't seem to find the time; it is just much easier to look up the information online and you are able to find just about everything you need online!
From watching these videos of Mr. Miller, writing with multimedia, it has many benefits, Such as you can make study guides, lectures, videos, and even bring up different things at a time. It may take a teacher some time to learn how to use multimedia but the benefits are well worth it, now day’s teachers have to be updated on their technology and should be, that is why I am thankful to have this class so I can be updated! As far as if my students will be able to write with multimedia, I believe they will be able to. If elementary students today are blogging and doing what I am doing now then I’m pretty sure they will be able to write with multimedia.


Wendy Drexler' s : The Networked Student

This video was very easy to follow and straight to the point which I really liked! I can relate to this video since I have been in EDM 310. This video can give us a lot of help in the learning process that we live in. One of the comments in the video about teacher’s that I liked is that their here to guide you and help you throughout the process which is very true. That is why we as teacher's need to be able to use and teach technology to our students, we do not want out students teaching us!
After watching this video I asked myself am I ready to be a teacher with networked students? My answer to that question as of right now is no. Before this class I would have said yes because I was not aware of all the different networks and technology used today. I am hoping after this class I will be ready to teach networked students! As a teacher my job is to be updated with all the different learning tools and different networks.


Michael Wesch's Whatever video

I really enjoyed this video even thought it was long. Mr. Wesch made some very good points. He said Earlier in time Media was on T.V. that is where the conversations were, now the conversations and media is online such as facebook, youtube, myspace , blogs, twitter, and many more. He made a statement saying we no our self’s through our relations with others, new media create new ways of relating to others, new media create new way of knowing ourselves. This is very true and got me thinking. Such as the web cam there can be many different versions of our self’s and many different takes.
Mr. Wesch talked a lot about youtube, according to him over 99.9% of youtubes are irrelevant to you, and he is right! But youtube can be a helpful tool. You can learn many of different things from youtube and watch different videos such as this one. Youtube can be helpful for teacher and I will be using youtube to show my class different things. He said 20 hours of videos are updated every minute on youtube, WOW! That means there is a lot of information on youtube, it can be informative or irrelevant but there is a lot. From watching this video it made me think about all the information online and there is a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the Networked Student video also. I feel the same way you do about being ready to teach networked students. I am not ready, but hope to keep learning long after EDM310 is over. I will have to to be an effective teacher.

    ReplyDelete